COVID-19 School Vaccination
A message from the Chq County Department of Health:
We’ve been receiving a lot of inquiries about vaccination opportunities in preparation for proms and graduation activities. As you know, NYS issued Update Interim Guidance for End of Academic Year Celebrations on April 12. This guidance includes capacity limits and vaccination/testing requirements for small, medium and large scale indoor and outdoor events. We are asking to partner to try and get as many students/staff/families vaccinated as quickly as possible. We are willing to come onsite and offer Pfizer and Moderna vaccine to students/staff/families. A regional approach seems to make the most sense as resources and time don’t exist to go to every school. SWCS has volunteered to be our first location (below). We will be reaching out to set up regional clinics in a central district to serve multiple districts such as Panama for Panama, Clymer and Sherman.
We are asking that school health offices obtain consent from parents in advance of vaccination opportunities. Attached here is our consent form for parents/guardians to complete and return to the school health office as well as the Pfizer vaccine fact sheet. In the event that consent is not obtained in advance, parents/guardians accompanying their teens can give consent, or verbal consent can be obtained at time of vaccination. As you can appreciate, the more we have in advance, the better the clinics will flow.
The window to be fully vaccinated for school-related events is quickly closing. Definition of fully vaccinated:
- Pfizer: 2nd dose 3 weeks after 1st dose; fully vaccinated 2 weeks after 2nd dose
- Moderna: 2nd dose 4 weeks after 1st dose; fully vaccinated 2 weeks after 2nd dose
- J&J: 1 dose; fully vaccinated 2 weeks after dose
Below are current vaccination opportunities. More will be added as they are scheduled. Go to https://chqgov.com/public-health/covid-19-vaccination-clinics for a more complete listing of clinics and links to the schedule.
Pfizer vaccine (16 & 17-year-olds)
- Wednesday, May 5: Southwestern Central School – first dose
- CVS Pharmacy - Jamestown, Falconer, and Dunkirk
- Brooks Hospital
Moderna vaccine (18 and older)
- Friday, April 30: SUNY Fredonia – first dose
- Tuesday, May 4: JCC, Jamestown – first dose
- Thursday, May 6: Love School- first dose (thank you JPS for this partnership to reach the underserved)
- Several pharmacies (see our website)